This article I specifically dedicate to Malaysians, especially some remarks of WARNINGS to Chinese community. Therefore, there may be some terms and descriptions which only address current stage of Malaysia itself, and some of you are not familiar to Malaysia economy and politics may be find it a bit hard to understand. …or may be you also could easily understand although you are NOT Malaysian.
Kindly be reminded that this is not an academic analysis. It is just a REPORT I have been observing many years from my job as feng shui practitioner who has a “huge open door” to be invited by various strata social(wealth, middle, lower income) especially from Malaysian Chinese community. I started to take note of the findings below since 2003, after I repeatedly get shocked by those findings across ALL strata of Malaysian Chinese community whenever I was invited to their home to be their home/business feng shui consultant. If you are Malaysian Chinese, you should read this article carefully, because this might have happened to you or any family members of immediate family.
Let me list down one by one for comfort of your reading.
- The Downfall of Malaysia Chinese in term of economic domination has ALREADY happened since 1980s. This scenario was deteriorating from 1990s, into 2000-2010. This means that the Downfall of Malaysian Chinese is happening gradually for more than 30 years; YET, the issue here is many Malaysian Chinese still daydream that they are still “Superior” in term of economy in Malaysia.
- The Faked ” Economy Superiority” Syndrome among Malaysian Chinese has made them live in the context mind set of 1980s although the world has marched into 2014. When you visit Chinese area in Kuala Lumpur like China Town, Kepong, Cheras, Puchong, Old Klang Road; and compare them to Beijing or Shanghai; you would drastically awaken by the café and restaurant condition sin Kuala Lumpur Chinese area are still running in the standard of 30 years ago. Same coffee shops and the operators are the same, except getting older after 30 years. A China tourist visited Penang in 2013 and told me that Penang is just like Hainan island in 1980s, which in the eye of China people, Penang, which is dominated by Malaysia Chinese is underdeveloped in term of township which still projects the traits of 1980s.
- If you travel along Federal Highway in Peninsula Malaysia, there are so many townships built by mostly Chinese since 19th century, such as Ipoh, Kampar, Tapah, Tanjung Malim, Klang, Seremban, Malacca, Batu Pahat, Kluang, Kuantan, ….. just to name a few; there are mostly contributed and built by Malaysian Chinese before 1911; which experienced its climax of growth in 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s and 1960s. Although, in 1969, national policy changed (Malaysia politics turning point), those townships were still enjoying spill over of economic growth in 1970s and early of 1980s; due to the effort that they had planted a few decades earlier that I mentioned above. Today, when you drive into though townships I mentioned about, you would definitely having an experience that you go back to 1980s. Some of the townships even project the looks and infrastructure of 1970s and 1960s. Kindly be reminded that those townships were once upon a time to be the self-esteem and pride to Malaysian Chinese in olden day. Today, they have become a symbol of shame, a symbol of economy backwardness of Malaysia Chinese.
- When I stay in Shanghai and Beijing for a longer period, I notice that Kuala Lumpur is lacking far behind in all aspects. Yet, back in Malaysia, Chinese middle class in Kuala Lumpur, normally there are from 28-58 years old, please do not be surprise if their mind set show narrowness and lack of confident although they stay in semi-D property. Their heart are mostly empty and there are so worry for their future. They even have no career confidence although there are holding prominent position. Why? Spiritual emptiness and political marginalization.
- When a Malaysian Chinese are robbed at the roadside, he expects no help from his own community. When a Malaysian Chinese’s house is broken by burglars, he also expects no help from his own neighbourhood although Chinese resides next door.
- When an insulting, abusing and defaming statements are made to attack their community openly and politically, the whole community become “eunuch”. The community is more happy and comfortable to be “castrated” in term of their human rights, rather than, voice out their protest. This is because each and individual has lost their traditional value and dignity. There are very self-centred and selfish, plus narrow minded. Each and everyone only take care of their “rice-bowl” . For example, during Chinese New Year 2012, Ang Pow (red packet) was changed to White Packet( a symbol of mourning) and delivered to the Chinese. Some of the Old & Poor Chinese accepted, yet, they also accepted mourning from the giver in the picture…… Why Outsider dare to INSULT while you were celebrating your NEW YEAR…. simply because you are so weak to be INSULTED and Bullied. You may read further at http://www.china.org.cn/world/2012-02/07/content_24572747.htm
- Malaysian Chinese is friendly to OUTSIDERS, but cruel to their own siblings. This is very typical in major cities in Malaysia, even a small city like Alor Setar is NOT excluded. In Cantonese, we say as ” 不熟不吃”. Which means a person would “eat” up his very own inner circle first, rather than fighting against enemy. In western context, this could be understood as betrayer to his own kinship. He would betray his own family members for his own economic benefits. This is very obvious in rich Chinese family where siblings are fighting in all aspects with the motive to get the biggest or the whole share of wealth inheritance. Sadly to say, these scenario also happen in Chinese middle class family. 40 over years in Malaysia, we have heard so many news about how the business empire of Malaysian Chinese family melted and destroyed just due to inner fighting between siblings over the controls of business. These also keep happening nowadays silently in Malaysia Chinese community. Why? They use to betray their own siblings just for economic advancement. Betraying own sibling has become an important trait in Malaysian Chinese culture.
- On the contrary, what I witness in mainland China is the reverse practice. Family solidarity is the motto of a family. After years of comparison, I find that Mainland Chinese family, all members would sacrifice oneself for family solidarity as a whole. Each and everyone are more than happy and willing to take care of his/her siblings and family members. When you return to Malaysia for home feng shui audits, please do not be surprised to see that the family relationship of Malaysian Chinese are mostly so poor and tense between husband and wife, siblings, father & son, mother & daughter…… There is no seniority in the Malaysian Chinese family as suggested by Confucianism. The traditional values had gone since 1980s…………… Kindly do not be shocked to feel “freezing” and “lack of love” when you entering the majestic bungalow of Malaysian Chinese.
- The Loss of Respecting the elderly. Filial Piety is the centre focus of Confucianism which used to guide and mould the beauty of Malaysia Chinese society before 1980s. In 1980s, disrespecting the elderly were regarded as serious misconduct. Today, disrespecting of their own parents and elderly are so common in Malaysia Chinese. The longer time I stay in mainland China, the more and deeper I witness how Filial Piety is so precious and prominent in China society. This really cracks my head and open my eye. Back in Malaysia, more and more Chinese Children send their parents to Old Folk Home or Nursing Home. In the western society this may not be a problem as the social system is that to operate. However, in Malaysia context, this tells the ethics of the children although there is no social restriction.
- The decay of moral standard. MCA ( Malaysia Chinese Association) claimed itself to be the largest Chinese political party in Malaysia since 1957; and to be the third largest Chinese political party in the world after China Communist Party in China and Kuomintang in Taiwan. In fact, MCA is a mirror to Malaysian Chinese until year 2008. Yet, you still could take the behaviour of MCA as the reflection of Malaysian Chinese as MCA used to effectively represent the Chinese community since 1957 to 2008. You could say it safely, that the downfall of Malaysian Chinese since 1980s is accompanied by the presence of MCA thru out 1950s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and before 2008. The Downfall of Malaysian Chinese is said to be associated to the weakness of MCA; that is why Chinese community voted MCA OUT in year 2008 and year 2013. Nevertheless, while I was in China, many Chinese in China REPEATEDLY asked me why in Malaysia, you Chinese could vote a person who was caught tangibly in sex video, to the MOST TOP position in MCA, which claims to represent Malaysian Chinese community. If you are observant enough, you still could recall about 10 years ago, a Taiwanese female political rising star was caught in sex video, immediately all related male political officers involved were removed from their positions. When you scroll thru YOU KU for China info, you would find those political officers who were caught naked in sex video; all of them were removed from their office and punished accordingly. I was asked for so many times in China, that why Malaysian Chinese in MCA has a very different code of ethics. The naked man in sex video could be elected to be the PRESIDENT of the party, so called representing the community? The answer I gave to them: ” The Malaysian Chinese has lost their traditional values since 1980s”
- Due to my job functions, I need to visit Chinese cemetery very often. Years of visiting to various cemeteries in Malaysia, I have made friends with a few tomb workers and cemetery watchers. They have been spending entire life and dedicate themselves to this job. Most of them have been there thru out 1960s, 70s, 80s, 90s and Y2K and till now. They take care from funeral to cremation, every single step from escorting the coffin from hospital/house to the burial ground. Listen, they are the persons witness closely how the off springs treating their elderly in the final stage of life. They see all insiders story of Chinese family which even reporters do not have the chance to access. The old man who have spent 5o years doing this job told me: ” There is NO more filial piety in Malaysian Chinese community since 1990s. Filial Piety in REAL sense had gone after 80s as long as funeral is concerned. Many funeral ceremonies are carried out to show off the FAKED Filial Piety to the outsiders and visitors. This is very different from the olden day before 1990s, where filial piety is from the bottom of the heart. The old man told me that at the backdrop, the children would try very hard to cut the cost of funeral as long as ” cosmetic filial piety” could be projected to convince the outsiders. Meanwhile, 70% of the tombs in cemetery have no more descendants to come back and pay their respects during Cheng Meng festival in April. ( there is another article to analyse how saturated feng shui also contributed to the Downfall of Malaysian Chinese……where Malaysian Chinese used to make use of them to help their glorious era from 19th century to 1980s, we used to had the most talented feng shui masters in Malaya at that era until 1949; when Taiwan was just a village and under Japanese Occupation. Malaya was more advance in term of life compared to Japan after WWII in 1950s, Malaysia was more advance compared to Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong in 1960s and 70s; After 1980s, Malaysia was overtaken by Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea and Singapore)
- Unwillingness to sacrifice for next generation. My fieldwork reveals repeatedly that new emerging Chinese middle class families are mostly reluctant to sacrifice thier time for their own children. The couple are more happy to spend time between husband and wife for romantic moment. Mostly, there would ask the grand parents to take care and the husband socializing in pub while the wife visiting gym or beauty salon to keep fit. Some of the babies are sent to nursery centre for Day Care. some for Day + Night Care… to the extreme cases, some Chinese parent only visit their child in Care Centre for a few hours on Saturday. Sunday, is a day for selfishness of the husband and wife for any activities meant for INDIVIDUALISM.
- Inability to do HOME COOKING. After 10 years of fieldwork observation, I could safely concluded that 70% of Malaysian Chinese housewife could not cook, do not know how to cook, know how to cook but the home cook food is hard to put into the mouth. sarcastically, most of Malaysian Chinese housewife who are born after 1966, Know NOTHING about cooking excepting egg boiling, water boiling and boil instant noodle bought from supermarket. To certain extreme cases, while the husband go out to earn a living, the housewife spend her entire time watching HONG KONG & TAIWAN movies. When she feels hungry, she just cook instant noodle or buy from hawker centre. To housewife of higher income group, you could see them in Mid Valley, Boulevard for hi-tea among themselves to show off their material belongings…..
- The “Coward & Eunuch” psychological syndrome of Malaysian Chinese men. Probably this is due to long term brain-wash by UMNO (The ruling party of Malaysia since 1957) of his Malay Supremacy. The Malaysia Chinese male is seemed to act unconfidently and cowardly when dealing with government agency like in Police Station, City Council or any low ranking government officers. You could see this very clearly in any government offices or department. The way they talk with government officers (90% of government staffs are Malay) show that their smiling face are not due to open heart, but due to FEAR and UNCERTAINTY, due to then false belief that Malay is more Superior. Before, 2008, Malaysian Chinese tend to give bribe voluntarily to avoid Penalty. They preferred to bribe rather than upholding the righteousness and most importantly there human right. The more they bribe, the more they are looked down by others.
- The funny point is that, when Malaysian Chinese go to mainland China, they will always proclaim themselves as ” I am not Chinese. I am Malaysian”. They will show off by giving tips to tour guide in China. ( In fact giving tips in cash is not considered an honour in Mainland China, on the contrary, they practise gift/present giving but not cash giving) A China tour guide told me that when he visited those Malaysian tourists in Kuala Lumpur who gave him tips in China during the trips; to his surprise, he found out that those men are not wealthy, they are just a normal white collar working so hard from 9am – 6pm. That China tour Guide asked me why Malaysian Chinese men are willing to give tips in over sea; while in fact they are not wealthy enough? Why Malaysian Chinese is classified as second class citizen in their country; but, disclaim their originality in China but try to differentiate themselves from Chinese in Mainland China? I reply : ” This is the typical psychological syndrome of “Coward & Eunuch” among Malaysian Chinese since 1980s.
- The Loss of Powerful Diet. Chinese civilization has one extra point to strengthen the nation power is their Herbs and Diet. You could see majority of Malaysian Chinese do not take home cook food for dinner. The flourish of Chinese restaurant and hawker centres prove this. The interesting point is at the MENU. If you dine to another Chinese restaurant in any cities in Malaysia, you would find it almost the same. My father told me that : “Son, the food in hawker centres of Malaysia is just the same as what I took during my childhood. Except the bowl and the prices are changing, there is no change at all in term of food content and its nutrition. It is just a junk food in modern standard. Son, 60 years ago it was acceptable to take this kind of “junk” food (mainly carbo for labour).
- Unluckily, this kind of hawker food are served to majority of Malaysian Chinese (Lazy and Ignorance of Home cooking) The mother of a China woman who married to rich Malaysian Chinese, came to a Malaysia to take care of his daughter during her pregnancy. While having dinner, the mother (from China) told me that after spending months in Kuala Lumpur, that she found out that it seems that Malaysian family has lost the knowledge “how to cook herbs and medicated diet” to boost their immune system and vitalize their health as their counterpart do in Mainland China. Besides, when she join Malaysia family dine in Chinese restaurant in Kuala Lumpur, the menu is always the same although in different Chinese restaurant in KL. The point here is the dishes do NOT contain valuable ingredients to boost immune system. This China grandmother said that to her surprise that most of the grand mothers in Malaysia also DO NOT know how to cook, not to say to cook herbs and Chinese nutrient food. Imagine, how the baby’s brain could compared to the baby in China……? She told me that the grand mother in Malaysia is not skilful and not wholeheartedly to sacrifice her time for the grand children. I replied:” You are right. This is very common in Malaysia getting worse since year 2000.
- If you go to China, you could easily see so many grandparents having fun, music, play games, song singing and team exercise in open space. Some of them having fun with their grand children. While in Malaysia, most of grandparents spend their entire day in front of TV……. This is a fact.
- If you compare a 24 years old university graduate Malaysian Chinese mind set to a 24 years secondary school drop out, you would find that the language and ideas from this 24 years Malaysian Chinese is laughable, childish, idealist, inexperience and immature. You could find Malaysian young man is shy, speechless, protective. They are incapable and unskilful in expressing their points of view. Why? Because there is no point in their mind to be expressed. The education system in Malaysia has not only expedited the process of Malaysian Chinese Downfall, but also the downfall as a country.
There are many points…. however I may need to stop here as many Malaysian Chinese could not understand this due to their limited exposure. As a person having chance to travel extensively, most importantly I stay in their community, visit so many families…make comparison for so many years….. all are facts from my fieldwork.
As a teacher to you, it is my responsible to wake you up, although I am also reluctant to pinpoint our own weaknesses. Yet, in front of righteousness, to have a better tomorrow, we need to be brave to face the problems. Identify the problems and find the solutions….
There are a few factors cause the Malaysian Chinese Downfall since 1980s; I exclude politics as it is not the theme of discussion. The Down fall since 1980s to a very large extent, it is due to The BREAKDOWN of Chinese Traditional Value. This BREAKDOWN is started in the very small social unit, which, is FAMILY.
Malaysian Chinese family started to give up their traditional value system while they were busy over economy advancement. 1980s-90s, we witness the rise of America power. That was the time Malaysian Chinese community get influenced and adopt many western style as way of life. Malaysian Chinese were not willing to be Islamised although that period of time , Malaysia has started its very own brand of Islamization since 1983. Due to self weaknesses, Malaysian Chinese has no choice but turn their hope to the West for inspiration…. and the social cost of doing this is, to cause The BREAKDOWN of Chinese Traditional Value in Malaysia since 1980s.
The social cost is so Huge that the side effects and spill over effects are so thorough and cause further sufferings to the current newly set up family. Sadly to say, the negative effects do not stop in 2014. It continues to have negative impact to next generation after another.
Today, after 911, Western culture is no longer as attractive as before 911 in Asia. This explains why after 911, Malaysia witnesses the even more RAPID and THOROUGH Islamization taking place in Malaysia. If western culture played the role to shield Malaysian Chinese from Islamization; today, with decline of the West, the protection of Western culture is no longer as strong as before 911. With the weakening glory of Western Culture in Malaysia after 911, and the Breakdown of the Traditional Value in Malaysia Chinese; today, you are naked and fragile……
For further details, kindly click
Master Soon Profile :
- Specialize in “Untold Secrets of Chinese Business Feng Shui”
- Specialize in “Unknown Secret of Chinese Business Strategies”
- Specialize in “Untapped Power of Chinese Metaphysics”
- Specialize in “Unorthodox Programs of Luck Changing”
- Technicalize in ”Unfamiliar Techniques of Instance Success”
- Technicalize in ”Unawared Tactics of Career Excellency”
- Technicalize in “Unconventional Methods of Life Advancement”
- 20 years research in Unknown Chinese Metaphysics, Untold Chinese Mind Strategies, Unorthodox Luck Changing Methodology.
- 12 years specializing in Business Feng Shui Consultation. Guru of Enlightening & Inspiring Chinese Metaphysics.
- Being invited by corporates in Malaysia, Singapore, Switzerland, India, Thailand, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou.
- Proven Unconventional Methodology of Luck Design is “Effective, Striking and Impressive”